Monday, June 22, 2009

New Sermons Posted

I've posted two sermons since my last post, they're available through the box on the top-right of this blog under 1&2 Samuel. They don't show up in chronological order, but I have started leading the title of the message with the date.

I'm doing a flying survey through these books, which means lots of reading for me and lots of material left on the cutting room floor every week. There are so many unanswered questions in this series, but that's okay. I'm not a great big picture guy, so this is a good discipline. One day, when I learn more about this book and biblical theology, I'd like to go back and preach these books again.

Preaching on 1&2 Samuel is good for me. It is humbling to see my own heart in these sin-sick characters. I hope the people of our church are benefitting from this series - I know I am.

No comments: