Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Face Only a Mudder Could Love


We're very happy and thankful to be home. The roads were good (though dirty, as you can see). We had a great week with Juanita's family, but there's no place like home. We are blessed to have a Christian family. Even the little kids got along just great, let alone the adults.

We were planning to leave for home very early on Friday morning, but our vehicle wouldn't start on Thursday. After some basic (read: hopeless) diagnostics in the driveway, we had it towed to a little garage in Lake Cowichan. They had it fixed by about 1:00 on Friday and we caught the 3:15 ferry from Duke Point to Tsawwassen. We drove as far as Kamloops and stayed with a family friend (we love free hotels), arriving at about 10:00 pm. We left Kamloops at about 8:00 am and made Edson by about 3:45 pm.

What was wrong with the Suburban? Well, they said the spark plugs were worn out (?!). I've been meaning to check them, but it went from starting fine to not starting at all overnight. Very strange. It could have been a lot worse (and more expensive), so I'm not complaining.

God is good, but then, He'd still be good if we were in a ditch somewhere on the side of the highway or we were nursing a big bill for a new engine or something. That reminds me of my sermon tomorrow on Habbakkuk 3:17-19. A sermon that I need to finish for tomorrow.

What am I doing blogging?

2 comments:

Rileysowner said...

I had the exact same think happen with my Safari. Starting just fine, then a day later it wouldn't start at all. It was also the plugs, cap and rotor. I just went too long without replacing them. So, after a Saturday spent changing them in the cold, all now works just fine. I figure it is a lesson to me that I should have done them in the Summer when it was warm.

Jim Vellenga

Terry said...

Thanks, Jim. Maybe this isn't such a strange diagnosis after all!