Sunday, November 26, 2006

Free Grace

I have listened to the White Horse Inn radio show for years. I hear Indelible Grace clips on the show from time to time. They played this one a few weeks ago and it fit the theme very well. If you don't yet listen to Indelible Grace or the White Horse Inn, why not? Go get 'em!

1. You children of God,
by faith in His Son
Redeemed by His blood,
and with Him made one
This union with wonder
and rapture be seen
Which nothing shall sunder,
without or within

2. This pardon, this peace
which none can destroy
This treasure of grace
and heavenly joy
The worthless may crave it,
it always comes free
The vilest may have it,
it was given to me

Chorus: Free grace has paid for all my sin
Free grace, though it cost so much to Him
Free grace has freed even my will
Free grace to the end sustains me still

3. It's not for good deeds,
good tempers nor frames
From grace it proceeds,
and all is the Lamb's
No goodness, no fitness
expects He from us
This I can well witness,
for none could be worse
(Repeat chorus)

Bridge: Sick sinner, expect no
balm but Christ's blood
Your own works reject,
the bad and the good
None ever regret it that on Him rely
Though guilty as Saul or Jonah or I
(Repeat chorus)

©2001 Detuned Radio Music (ASCAP).

Lyrics: Joseph Hart (1712-1768) Bridge: Matthew Smith

No comments: