Monday, May 15, 2006

Posts to Come …

I’m going to do some real posts soon. I have been picking away at a couple of essays (if I can call them that), but I can’t do either of them tonight. To keep myself honest, though, I’m going to tell you what they are.

First, I want to do a post on the nature of biblical revelation, particularly on how the light of revelation grows over time throughout Scripture. Or does it?  Neil has me thinking, even though I haven’t taken much time to write my thoughts down yet. Ligon Duncan’s message on preaching the Old Testament at T4G and Jesus’ teaching on the Old Testament have inspired me to think through this essential topic. I may even do a mini-series if I get my blogging act together.

Secondly, I want to add my voice to a chorus of bloggers that have been reflecting on the purpose of blogs, particularly in light of our Band of Bloggers meeting at Southern Seminary at the end of April.

I did a post at the beginning of April called “Crazy April.” May hasn’t been a lot less crazy, though I have been closer to home. And no, my busyness hasn’t all been related to the Oilers excellent playoff run, but that’s part of it. I actually got to see the game on Sunday night – on TV with some other folks. Thanks, John! It was a fun time! 6-3 Oilers again! Home game Wednesday night.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Ugh.

Thinking in a good way or a bad way?

Terry said...

In a good way!

You put me to shame with the thoughtfulness of your posts. I've just been limping along here.