Sunday, February 05, 2006

Moving Mom

We moved my mom from Edmonton to Edson on Friday. So, instead of being two hours away, she’s about three minutes away. It was nice have her at church today. We had her over for dinner afterwards. The move itself went well – we had lots of help. Two of my brothers and their wives came to help get mom settled in as well. She’s getting around much better after her hip surgery in December, but there’s still room for improvement. I was pretty useless for moving stuff – my arm will be weak for quite a while yet, I think. I wandered around getting in people’s way while they were carrying the heavy stuff. I do my part. I got to drive a friend’s truck – a long-box crew cab GMC with a Duramax (360 h.p. and 650 ft. lbs., for those who care) and 6-speed Allison pulling a 24 ft. stock trailer. It is a real Cowboy Cadillac. My friend is really trusting – the truck had 820 km on it when I picked it up. I’m very thankful nothing went wrong, thankful for friends and family, and thankful that mom is in Edson now.

1 comment:

Ian Hugh Clary said...

What happened to your arm?