Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Davey & Goliath Are Back


I had no idea. I can’t vouch for the movie, I haven’t seen it. I haven’t seen one of the TV episodes since I was 10 (the copy for the movie says that the show ran from 1960-1975. That sounds about right, I was born in ‘65). It’s produced by the Evangelical Lutheran Church, apparently. I guess that’s why it ran on Sunday mornings when I was a kid.

The funny thing is that I found out about this new movie (November 2005) from the back of our local Movie Gallery catalogue that came in the mail today. Odd, considering that I just posted a link to this old childhood memory a few days ago.

In the middle of writing this, I thought I’d Google for ‘Davey and Goliath’ to see what’s out there. I found a website that even has video clips for all you youngsters that don’t know what I’m talking about. They’re awful – in a down-home, sentimental kind of way. The tag-line for the show is, ‘Davey and Goliath brings moral and faith-based valuesto a new generation of children in lively and engaging ways.’ This is what we had 20 years before Veggie Tales.

1 comment:

Matt Harmless said...

I can't believe it.

I used to watch those all the time as a kid.